Planning & Environmental Law
The Planning & Environmental team at JPHLAW led by Sean Hagan has vast local experience advising throughout the planning application and Environmental Impact Assessment process and representation at planning appeals , planning prosecutions and public inquiries.
We also provide advice on environmental issues, including issues of on site contamination, process changes as a result of changes in operation or changes in law and general environmental regulatory issues
These issues may arise either as part of a construction project or a manufacturing operation.
Our planning team currently advises prominent local manufacturers and food processors, waste operators, developers, public bodies, funders and others within the construction industry.
We give advice on all environmental and regulatory consents.
We believe that proactive and practical advice at the outset helps to ensure timely delivery and avoid the delays from Judicial Review. The team also works with our property and corporate colleagues to provide environmental and planning due diligence in property and corporate transactions.
Areas Of Expertise
* Defending environmental proceedings in the Magistrate’s and Crown Courts
* Planning and environmental due diligence in respect of property and corporate transactions
* Strategic advice on planning applications and strategy
* Advice on requirements of Environmental Impact Assessment
* Representation at public inquiry and planning appeals
* Advice and representation on planning enforcement issues
* General advice on environmental consent and regulatory issues
* Advice on PPC applications and variation applications
* Advice on waste management licensing requirements and landfill regulations
* Advice on engagement with Northern Ireland Environment Agency and attending interviews under caution
The depth and breadth of the team’s experience provides a specialism which is recognised by all planning consultants
We provide a strategic steer and handle the work involved.
Our advice is flexible, professional, confident, clear and precise.
We have hardworking lawyers, who give advice to clients and bring added value to a case.