Discrimination, Harassment, Claims, Dismissal, Redundancy – Employment Law Solicitor Newry
We offer a free initial interview to people needing advise on their employment position
What are my employment rights? How do I enforce my employment rights? What is my position? Should I appeal this decision? Can I be reinstated? What pay or severance am I entitled to? Am I entitled to compensation?
Employment related issues to include:
- Employment contracts and policies
- Bullying and harassment in the workplace
- Sexual harassment
- Industrial Tribunals
- Equal pay issues
- Disciplinary proceedings
- Grievance proceedings
- Unfair or constructive dismissals
- Disability, age, race, religious and sex discrimination
- Compromise agreements
- and more besides.
Employment Services for Individuals (Employment Law Solicitor Newry)
The Employment Unit is dedicated to advising employees, including directors and senior executives, on all employment-related issues, ranging from advice on their terms of engagement to tribunal claims and representation at tribunal hearings.
The work we do includes:
- Advising on employment contracts and directors’ service agreements, including post-termination restrictions.
- Advising and representing individuals in tribunal claims covering all areas of employment law including unfair, wrongful or constructive dismissal, redundancy and all types of discrimination.
- Advising employees on the employment implications of corporate transactions (including transfers of undertakings).
- Advising individuals on their rights and duties as employees.
- Advising individuals on proposed changes to their contracts of employment.
- Providing group advice to employees being made redundant or dismissed following the sale or transfer of a business or company.
- Advising and negotiating on severance packages and on the terms and effect of signing compromise agreements.
Compromise Agreements (Employment Law Solicitor Newry)
We advise on compromise agreements. This will cover the time spent giving independent legal advice on the terms of the agreement, in advising briefly on the potential claims you may have and dealing with the formalities associated with signature of the agreement. This fee (or at least part of it) will often be paid by the employer as part of the deal. If you ask us we can get involved in negotiating an improved compensation package, or different wording for the agreement, or to provide detailed advice on the prospects of success of your potential claims and likely compensation
Fixed Fee interview (Employment Law Solicitor Newry)
We to offer you an initial fee interview to discuss your case. This will cover the cost of a half hour consultation on the merits of your case. If this might be of interest to you, please contact Kevin Neary in or Newry office
Conflict Check (Employment Law Solicitor Newry)
Before we can advise or act for you in any matter we need to be sure that we do not have a conflict of interest, for example, that we do not already act for your employer. So, at the outset we will ask for your name, the name of your employer, your contact details and a brief summary of your query. Please contact us to provide this information if you would like us to consider your case.
Free Legal Expenses check (Employment Law Solicitor Newry)
Check your household, credit card, private healthcare and personal accident insurance policies. You may be pleasantly surprised to discover that you have insurance which will cover the cost of you bringing a tribunal claim. You have the right to choose your own solicitor even though your insurer may try to insist on a solicitor from their own panel. For no extra fee, we would be happy to look at your insurance policies to find out whether you are covered and to determine the extent of that cover.